Monday, April 11, 2011

Sun Wukong: Journey to the West #1...maybe.


I spent some time this weekend down at the Pomona Art Walk...It really gave me a creative boost and a little confidence. I would love to be able to show some stuff in a gallery at some point.

Anyways, It got me thinking about doing a series of Thematic pieces that are all loosely interconnected. I've been playing around with the idea of basing it on the Buddhist Myth JOURNEY TO THE WEST centering around Sun Wukong (the monkey king) and the Monk Xuanzang.

I havn't decided if I am going to do this for sure or not, but if I do go through with it then this drawing of Sun Wukong will be the first in the Series...let's hope my attention span holds out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Very cool. What made you decide on the Journey to the West myth? It will be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've always loved the story and I think it could make for some really interesting imagery. The events in the story are really bizarre, and because the story itself is already fragmented I thought it could work well as a series of loosely connected images.

    ReplyDelete