Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Mouse that ate the Spider! pt1

Ok for those of you who don't know..Disney has officially purchased Marvel Entertainment for 4 billion dollars!..wait a minute while I clean the throw up off of my shirt..........ok im good.

This is AMAZING and TERRIFYING all at the same time. I am both a die hard Marvel and Disney fanatic..but this merger has left me somewhat shaken. Let's break it down with THE GOOD and THE BAD.

The Good-

MONEY MONEY MONEY for Marvel. Marvel was well on its way to becoming a entertainment powerhouse, but now it is official. With a billion dollar budget Marvel will be able to extend its arms further then before and hopefully grab every well established writer and artist in the industry, as well as every rising star breaking into the field. Also, it could possibly mean a price cut on comic books. With the economy sucking the life out of everything in site, this increased budget may allow Marvel to loosen their Hulkish grip on my wallet...4 dollars an issue?...Kill Yourself. I have to say as a "True Believer" in not only Marvel, but the Comic book industry in general, I can't explain how happy I am to see this form of entertianment finally get the mainstream respect it deserves. Since I was ten years old I have wanted nothing more then to be a comic book artist, and I have such a deep respect for the genre (blah blah blah I can go on for days). In regards to Disney I can honestly say nothing brings me more comfort than curling up on the sofa with a hot cup of coffee and watching one of the many Disney classics which I have on special edition dvd...gay. I am also a Disneyland pass holder and have visited the park probably a million times...super gay. All that being said it is kinda cool to see these two companies come together....ok enough of that.

coming soon pt2 THE BAD!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment